Region Spatial Strategy
Phase 1: "the Black Country Study "
The HBF appeared at the EiP for the Black Country One Revision on matters including housing and delivery of regeneration in January 2007. The Panel Report has now been received and is attached below. This will be considered by the Government Office for the West Midlands who will determine what amendments will be made to the West Midlands RSS in respect of Black Country issues.
Further details can be found on:
Phase 2: includes updating the policy areas in the context of current RSS objectives.
The policy areas covered are:
- Communities for all - including housing needs and requirements
- Sub regional foci -their role and whether more are needed
- Prosperity for all -examine employment land needs, re assess existing strategic land designations
- Quality of Environment -waste management
- Transport and Accessibility -including broad locations for park and ride, parking standards, road user charging, implications of airports white paper
The Regional Assembly has recently issued a Spatial Options report for consultation between 8th January and 5th March 2007. HBF are arranging meetings with members during this period to discuss the Options report. Please contact the Regional Policy Manager for more details.
Details of the Review and the Options are available on: