CSS Star rating results
For the key question on which the company star ratings are based, 90% of respondents said that they would recommend their builder to a friend, the third year in a row that this score has been 90% or above. The industry achieved a Net Promoter Score of 42 from the survey, up 13 points in the last three years. Other notable scores include:
- 88% of respondents said they were satisfied with the quality of their home. 78% also said they were satisfied with the standard of finish in their home.
- 77% said they were satisfied that their home was completed on time. This is despite the severe supply chain issues that the industry has faced, due to the hangover from the pandemic coupled with the war in Ukraine.
- On the design of new build homes, 92% of respondents were satisfied by the internal design of their home, and 84% with the external design.
- 81% said they were satisfied with the service provided by the builder after move in.
- 95% of respondents said they had reported snags to their builder since move in, and 71% said the number of snags was in line with or less than what they had expected. Most snags will have been minor problems and new build buyers are encouraged to report these to their builder.
- 90% of those surveyed also said they would buy a new build home again, with 85% saying they would buy from their same builder again in the future.
Stewart Baseley, executive chairman of HBF said;
“To have 90% of consumers recommending you is a fantastic achievement and demonstrates the industry’s overwhelming commitment to delivering high levels of customer service.
“Despite hundreds of thousands of homes being built each year, this year’s survey shows the vast majority of customers are happy with their purchase and the service provided by their builder.
“Homebuilders remain focused on driving improvements in this area and the creation of an independent New Homes Ombudsman and a more robust Consumer Code will support this drive and should lead to even higher levels of customer satisfaction moving forward.”
|Home builder||Sample Surveyed||HBF Star Rating**|
|A & J Stephen||27|
|Castle Green Homes||104|
|Churchill Retirement Living||307|
|Denbury Homes Ltd||49|
|Malcolm Allan Housebuilders||23|
|McCarthy & Stone||513|