Skyblue evaluation of the Home Building Skills Partnership
As part of its £2.7m CITB funding agreement an independent evaluation of the work of the Home Building Skills Partnership (HBSP) has been produced by consultancy Skyblue.
Skyblue concluded that Home Builders feel it is very important the initiative continues its work. It found HBSP has delivered significant staff training and development benefits and made the industry more appealing for people to choose as a career.
Skyblue noted that over the four-year period – from the launch of the funded project in April 2016 to the end of the CITB funding in December 2019 – the Home Building Skills Partnership had provided:
- Nearly 7,000 individuals with job related skills training particularly site management;
- 4,600 individuals from home building and supply chain companies have taken part in brickwork masterclasses A further 1,715 people with mental health first aid training;
- Nearly 500 Subcontractor organisations engaged in training interventions
- 67,000 users have viewed the www.housebuildingcareers.co.uk website 142,000 times
- The three Attract campaigns generated spikes of interest while they ran, with overall views of the website up 174% between April 2018 and January 2020.