Following the publication of CITB’s Strategic Plan and because of CITB’s continued limited resources and changing priorities within the sector the Pathways into Construction Project will no longer be financially supported by CITB. It is important for us to continue to support these under-represented groups to increase diversity in our sector and we will be promoting more opportunities to get involved in this work over the coming months.
Only one in four construction firms offer new entrant opportunities to young people who are not in education, employment or training.
With only one in ten young people with low level skills progressing into employment, HBF Skills Partnership is partnering with regional delivery partners and employers to deliver a pathway into home building careers for this target group. It will focus on developing soft skills and providing practical and pastoral support that will improve confidence and employment skills leading to more job opportunities.
This will include:
- Basic Life Skills
- CV development, and how to perform well at interviews.
- Understanding the home building sector – both off-site and on-site work.
- Work experience.
- Health and safety training.
- Passing the Construction Skills Certification Scheme test if required; and
- Opportunity to trial specific trade training to improve the prospects of employment within the sector
- Interview experience with a home builder or one of their supply chain firms, with the aim of finding employment as an apprentice.
- A career action plan.
To find out more or get involved contact firstname.lastname@example.org