Ambassador Training Sessions
The Home Building Skills Partnership is committed to improving the quality of skills and attracting more people to consider a career in the house building sector. As part of this, the Skills Partnership is running a number of exciting training opportunities, with support from CITB, for those currently working in the sector to become ambassadors.
The training sessions are open to anyone at any stage of their career who would like to inspire others into the sector and will equip individuals with the tools and skills they need to promote careers to a wide variety of audiences.
Why become a House Building Ambassador?
- Gaining new skills and building your confidence through interpersonal skills and public speaking
- Opportunity to build your networks with stakeholders both in the sector and externally
- Volunteering your time and expertise to young people who need it
- Getting involved in local and national career events and conferences
- An opportunity to promote your company
- Being part of attracting the next generation into house building careers.
Please see below for more details of the next ambassador training sessions taking place this year, 2020. Participants that are interested in becoming ambassadors will be able to book their place on one of the eventbrite links that will be published below. Please note that there are a limited number of places available at each session that will be given on a first come, first served basis.
What training and support will you receive as an ambassador
- A one-day free training course to prepare you in becoming a house building ambassador, structuring presentations, understanding and managing different audiences.
- Access to resources including information on key messages, career pathways, case studies and job locations.
- Presentation material including activities and fun facts to help you engage with different audiences.
- Access to the dedicated ambassador LinkedIn group where you can find support from other ambassadors and share news of your experiences
- Once you have completed your one day course your will receive a badge, certificate and posters to help you advocate your work.
Once you have completed your training, we will contact our ambassadors every 6 months through a feedback form to understand the impact the programme is making and how we can support you. By becoming an ambassador you are committing to:
- Getting involved or delivering two events/ activities a year and reporting back on these
- Sharing news of your experiences or stories
- Keeping us updated with any changes to your employment or contact details.
If you have any questions about the training and getting involved, sign up below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Ambassador Training sessions
The next Home Building Ambassador Training sessions are as follows:
- Due to Covid-19, the training of Wednesday, 25th March 2020 in London has been postponed. New date to be confirmed.
- June 2020 in the Midlands
- September 2020 in Leeds
Exact dates and locations to be confirmed soon.
If you wish to go on a waiting list for the above dates, or future dates, please contact email@example.com.