HBF represents and serves its members in a range of ways including;
- Ensuring senior politicians and government officials are aware of housing issues and the challenges faced by our members
- Working with Government officials to ensure housing policies are introduced that facilitate housing supply, in a way that is workable for the industry
- Representing member interests in discussions with key decision makers in government and during formal consultation processes, both nationally and regionally, on the issues that affect our members including; technical, planning, economic and environmental matters.
- In the national, regional and trade press. We maintain strong relationships with the print and broadcast media to ensure that the homebuilding industry is robustly represented. We regularly provide expert analysts for all the high profile news and current affairs programmes on radio and television and contribute articles to a range of publications
- Ensuring our members are fully briefed on industry developments that will affect their businesses via regular our regular communications and specific briefing notes
- Forming working groups with members to assist in formulating policy on issues of importance and facilitate the exchange of information and ideas.
- Holding regular member meetings at all levels on relevant issues, both centrally in London and in the regions, to ensure a two way flow of information and to keep in touch with all our members.